Modular building manufacturers and its differences with Sismo Spain
Is Sismo considered a manufacturer company of modular building systems? This is a question that technicians and developers ask us frequently. In this case, we prefer to answer “Yes, but …”
The true is that although we produce modules for the construction of houses, offices and buildings of all kinds, the construction process and methodology of our system is far from what we know as construction of prefabricated buildings or modular construction.
Do you want to know what are the differences between us and modular systems? Keep reading!
“We can say that we don’t make two identical modules. Our panels depend 100% on the project designed by the architect .”
Why Sismo is not a typical manufacturer of modular building systems?
- We do not share the same manufacturing system. We can say that we don’t make two identical modules. Our panels depend 100% on the project designed by the architect. Our Sis-CAD program convert the architect’s plans in easily manageable modules that make up each part of the structure or the enclosure of a building.
- We do not have type homes, quite the opposite, we follow the design of the architect to the letter. We don’t have type floors or homes that match more or less with your ideas, we really adapt to customer and architect needs and their preferred distribution or orientation for every project.
- We don’t prefabricate sections of the building in our factory. Sismo only produces construction panels, then delivering them to the intended site for assembly and filling of concrete or other structural material. We don’t perform finishes nor assemblies in our factory. Thanks to this, we are faster and more realistic regarding execution deadlines.
- We don’t need machinery or special trucks for our modules delivery. Unlike the prefabricated houses, which requires the transfer of large pieces, loading and unloading our modules is easily done by two people.
- When we talk about speed of construction, we also include the manufacturing process. The modular systems and the prefabricated ones usually talk about projects built in a few months, but they don’t mention the time they need for the modules production in their factories, which exceeds 18 months in some cases. In Sismo, when we talk about deadlines, we refer to site-built construction exclusively, because we just need a couple of weeks to produce our panels.
- Our building system don’t require maintenance. Due to the high structural quality of our system and its durability, buildings made with Sismo foundation, slab and enclosure could persist a whole life, without any risk for cracks in the façade or other damages when severe weather strikes.
“We do not have type homes. We really adapt to customer and architect needs.”
A future of modular construction
Although the modular building systems are not a new concept, we can say that they has seen a resurgence in recent years. Its many advantages, as speed of construction and faster return on investment, are the main reasons to work with this kind of construction method instead of traditional building techniques.
Thanks to its popularity, nowadays we can find hundreds of companies engaged in modular construction. When deciding on one or the other, the structural quality, personalization and profitability offered to developers and builders should be the premises to be taken into account.
Its many advantages are the main reasons to work with this kind of construction method instead of traditional building techniques